Help me find a room to use BM Cedar Green!

Baroo2uFebruary 1, 2014

I really love this color, not sure why--the photo is so bright and happy! I'm trying to figure out which room I could use it in...the smallish, north-facing spare bedroom? The laundry/ tool room? The bright, pine panelled basement--which doesn't need painting and should really stay neutral in color since I'll be selling in a year or two, but wouln't it look great?

I'm supposed to be sewing but would rather dream about a bright, beautiful GREEN sewing room...

Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tibbrix

Definitely sewing and/or laundry room!

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 11:33AM
Baroo2u

Tibbrix, you're absolutely right--imagine the contrast with the white machines machines and metal shelving in the laundry! The green would turn detergent boxes and cleaning supplies into functional art : p

Would this color turn a darker room into a cave, 'tho? Anyone?

Also, I've never seen bright green as a neutral, but in nature it goes with anything, I guess. Any suggestions to avoid the "Too Tacky For Words" look? I'm assuming modern, bold, bright & white are the key words here?

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 12:12PM
patty_cakes

I had a laundry room painted a lime green and I swear it helped sell the house! It was a condo with the laundry room off the garage w/ a cement floor, and I redid the floor using black and white peel and stick tiles, on the diagonal. I installed white shelves, used a few fake plants and birdhouses(painted black/white)for decor, as well as a small, with laundry products on another. On another wall I used black wood letters to spell out laundry.

You're green is so pretty! Be brave and use it somewhere!

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 3:01PM
tibbrix

Who wouldn't want to fold laundry in a room with that color? Put a disco ball on the ceiling, and you'll be dancing while doing your laundry!

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 3:50PM
theclose

I love that color! Green is my favorite. In my last two apartments, my living room and then living room/dining room were painted BM Stem Green. Very similar. Loved, loved it. I am sad I don't have it in my new house but one day it might make a reappearance. : ) Attaching a pic.

I think a laundry room or sewing room would be perfect in this color.

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 4:20PM
Holly- Kay

That is a beautiful, happy shade of green. Yes to sewing room and laundry room!

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 4:44PM
Baroo2u

Well, Tibbrix, I don't want to fold laundry in ANY room, but I love your disco ball idea, lol!

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 6:42PM
Baroo2u

OK, what gives? I checked the color chip at the BM dealer and it's NOTHING like the color on the BM site! It's a very bleechy blue grey green, not the bright, happy yellowish green in the photo I attached. Now what do I do?

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 10:34AM
kellienoelle

Here is the same room from a different view and while it doesn't appear bleechy blue grey green, it appears that the happy yellowish hue is gone too. This looks more kelly green in this photo.

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 2:07PM
kellienoelle

And then different again in this one....here is the blue/gray you mentioned. This is definitely a color to sample in the room before going all in!

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 2:08PM
Baroo2u

You're right Kellienoelle, good eye! They're all different. So how do I figure out which BM color is closest to Pic #1? Honestly, one wonders if BM has realized that they make more money selling the wrong colour than the right color. Not long ago I asked for AFC-350 Tumeric & they mixed 2160-2 Turmeric. (What company has two different paint colors with the name off by ONE letter?) It would've maybe worked out, except the color in the can wasn't EITHER Tum- OR Turmeric, but Carrot-Soup with a hit of Fully-Loaded-Pampers!

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 5:14PM
Baroo2u

OK, what gives? I checked the color chip at the BM dealer and it's NOTHING like the color on the BM site! It's a very bleechy blue grey green, not the bright, happy yellowish green in the photo I attached. Now what do I do?

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 5:26PM
patty_cakes

Lol tribbrix! Or hopscotch on the 'checkered' floor! I have no green in my new house, but if I were to use one, this would be my choice. Here's the color......

Here is a link that might be useful: color

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 5:57PM
Baroo2u

Patty Cakes, I can't wait to see if those colors are as great on the SW fan deck as they are on my monitor! Unfortunately, it's a l-o-n-g drive to the nearest SW dealer!

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 6:44PM
Baroo2u

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 8:06PM
patty_cakes

Take the chip to Home Depot and have them custom mix the color for you. I've not had to pay if it isn't a match, but it depends on the employee.

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 8:52PM
More Discussions
Dove soap users...
Have you noticed they made the bar soap smaller? I...
SheeshareeII
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
rockybird
F&B to BM color closest matches
If F&B is not near you but BM is....
the_foxes_pad
Help me find a powder room paint color
My painter is here fixing another problem (sheetrock,...
tfitz1006
No Windows in the Dining Room
My dining room has 2 large wall with no windows and...
aloha2009
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™