Tips for Holiday Serving Dishes
Something made me think of holiday parties, and I thought I would post this while it was on my mind.
This is how I decided what to keep when I decluttered the party dishes last summer.
(1) All plastic platters are gone. Fake crystal all the way, LOL!
(2) No real silver. I don't enjoy silver polish and I always have enough other things to do to keep me busy.
(3) No holiday themes. All platters are multi-occasion. No more pictures of Tom Turkey on turkey platters (which I thought was kind of tacky anyway, given what HAPPENED to Tom Turkey). No more Santa plates we would only use once a year.
Things I need to buy before the next party:
(1) Ice bucket (I've never had one, and keep having to borrow one).
(2) Matching salt & pepper shakers. Believe it or not, I don't have those either.
(3) Extra serving utensils (note to self: check the dollar store).