Here I go again... darn AT&T modem isn't working

OklaMoniFebruary 7, 2013

and I spent "only" 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone this time.....

I hope to be back sooner than last time... meanwhile, I am at the local library.

Moni

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ntt_hou

It sounded that you've posted the problem here before. If so, I missed it. Can you explain what's the problem? How do you have the DSL model set up?

In the past, I found AT&T tech support not being very helpful. Fortunately, I know someone more technical and he helped me to solve the problems. Maybe, I can help you out.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 10:08PM
jemdandy

Is your unit a gateway? I have an ATT device connected to a phone line to get DSL and ATT called my unit a gateway. Its a combination modem and wireless router. My unit has been working well for 2.5 years, but I do know they can go bad. One failed for a friend of mine and the repair was simple: plug in a new gateway and do a setup.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 11:58PM
donna_loomis

Are you talking wireless? When we signed up for AT&T's U-verse for wireless, they gave us a 2Wire modem. In the space of a month and a half, we got 5 replacements because they kept going out. The last time it happened, the person on the phone told us about their new "black box" and said to tell the tech when he got there that that was what we wanted. Of course, he tried to push the 2Wire again (they've got to get rid of them, right?), but DH said, "No, I want the black box). Tech installed it and we have had no trouble since (knock on wood). It's been a couple of months now, and I'm hoping problem solved.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 2:16PM
OklaMoni

Yes, I am talking wireless.

Donna, I had a two wire, that worked GREAT for about 2 years for my daughter, and she upgraded, and I used hers. It died early this year.

They gave me a "black box". I " installed " it on the 24th of last month.

Worked GREAT, till yesterday afternoon. In fact, I was online yesterday morning, with no problem, but could not connect yesterday afternoon.

Since I can connect here at the library, I am guessing, I was right when I reported my modem not working...

Hopefully a replacement shows up on my front porch soon. Meanwhile, I stopped at the library on my way home from a bike ride with Mel (22 miles).

Now, home, dinner, and I guess a bit of TV.

Later

Moni

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Utah
Moving to Ogden, Utah. Not Mormon. What can I expect...
Deeby
Have You Found Any Bargains Lately?
Have you found any bargains lately? I needed a gallon...
marilyn_sue
Skin Tags & Warts
Yea, I know, nasty, right? But anywhoo, I have them....
lisaw2015
My perennials might be in trouble!
Was out checking for winter damage in my yard, and...
prairie_rose
Sponsored Products
3Form Brushed Nickel 22-Inch Wide Fluorescent Three-Light Semi-Flush Bowl with C
$898.95 | Bellacor
Megaron Floor Lamp by Artemide
$1,440.00 | Lumens
Furniture of America Chargon 7 Piece Dining Set - Espresso - IDF-3402T-7PK
$828.94 | Hayneedle
Ivory Mongolian Lamb Faux-Fur Pouf - IVORY
$250.00 | Horchow
37" Bamboo Wall-Mount Vessel Sink Vanity - Triangular Brackets
Signature Hardware
Morris Leather Dining Chairs (Set of 2) - Brighton Aubergine Purple
Joybird Furniture
'O' Marquee Light