Help! Panel Dishwasher depth

jmuiseFebruary 18, 2014

I need advice please. I want my integrated DW - Kenmore Elite 12776 panel ready - to be flush with the cabinets. I even got a 2" overhang for the granite and it comes out past that?

Our kitchen remodel is near complete and this issue I am unwilling to overlook. I went with a KD so they could advise me, but I don't agree with or like the answer.

Cabinet depth is 24" standard. And behind the DW we removed the drywall to gain 3/4" space. Unattached the DW depth was good. KD ordered the Starmark dishwasher standard cabinet. Because the cabinet has faceplate at 24" - it was the only place he could attach. But this has the DW out way past the cabinet doors. Should we have gotten a different style cabinet? I see pics all the time and these are flush - what am I missing?

I do not want to accept that there is no solution. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

Something is wrong! We didn't push our dishwasher back into the drywall at all, and the panel is still completely flush with the cabinets.

I wouldn't overlook this either - it will always look like the dishwasher is ajar!

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 1:05PM
deedles

I didn't think dishwashers were even 24" deep... ours is like 22 3/4 or something so it seems you are trying to work with the cabinet for attachment? Can't someone screw a piece of wood behind the faceplate so the DW can be attached further back in the cabinet? That's goofy like it is for sure.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 1:22PM
Karenseb

I can't believe they think that looks okay. Somewhere, someone made a mistake and I think you should be able to fix it!
By the way, on another note, I really like your floor. What wood is that and what stain and finish did you put on it?

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 4:31PM
Trebruchet

Remove the dishwasher and install blocking to the cabinet as necessary to allow the dishwasher to be pushed in further. This shouldn't be a very big deal.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 4:38PM
Fori is not pleased

Oh for goodness' sakes...who thought that was right? Yes, have it redone!

And also yes that floor is sort of luscious, isn't it?

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 5:19PM
xedos

" KD ordered the Starmark dishwasher standard cabinet. "

No one else picked up on this ???

WHat in the world is a dishwasher standard cabinet ?

Only single dish drawers install inside a "cabinet" - and you don't have one of those. Dishwashers raised above the floor (like ADA) will also go inside a cabinet which is certainly not standard.

THis is pi$$ poor management and a sloppy/ lazy install.

I suspect the supply and waste hoses are not in ideal locations entering the sink base cabinet and are preventing the DW from sliding back.

Are your cabinets 24" deep including the fronts -or - EXCLUDING them ? Meaning the carcass is 24" deep + 3/4" for the drawer/door thickness + spacing for the door bumpers.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 6:58PM
xand83

Yeah, I don't understand why there is a "dishwasher standard cabinet." Is it because there is a wall next to the dw?

If the problem is the anchor location, use some granite anchors. We used them at a previous home, when one side of the dw was against a wall, and they worked quite well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Granite Anchors at Amazon

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 9:39AM
More Discussions
Layout question
I'm so close to the finish line on the layout! And...
tigger9759
Copper sink for kitchen remodel?
Does anyone know of a really good quality copper sink...
kathy6421
Help on Cabinet Approach / Selection
Hi, I've actively scoured the forum for useful tidbits...
fshine
Need to know quick! Sanded vs unsanded grout - what to use?
Hi all - I may get responses too late to make a difference,...
elizpiz
Kitchen colors....need something happy and vintage :)
I want to try to go a bit vintage with my low-dollar...
lavender_lass
Sponsored Products
Norina Thermostatic Bamboo Shower Panel W/ Hand Shower and Six Body Jets -Bamboo
Signature Hardware
Shower Panel Tower System with Waterfall Head
Hudson Reed
Capella Mirror
$339.99 | Dot & Bo
Blackout Sonata Embossed Floral 84 inch Panel Pair
Overstock.com
Fresca Oxford 30" Traditional Bathroom Vanity - Antique White
Modern Bathroom
Virtu KS-70064-S-WH Vanity Set in White with White Marble Countertop
Blue Bath
High Tank Toilets Black Cherry Fin High Tank Round Toilet L-pipe