1820-30 Creole brick b/t post cottage renovation pics!

nolagirlSeptember 17, 2007

Y'all helped me with my bath and kitchen, so I thought some of you might like to see how the white subways w/gray/silver grout look with the marble countertops in the kitchen, and the same subways with the white hex flooring and carrera marble vanity top, and beadboard walls in the bathroom.

It's not a strict period kitchen and bathroom, but they were choices that were appropriate to the house and didn't detract from the beauty of it. It's a 1820-1830 Creole cottage: 1100 square foot main house and a separate 400 sf former kitchen building/slave quarters in the back. Thanks, everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nolagirl

http://picasaweb.google.com/Gibbs2424

Here is a link that might be useful: renovation photos

Bookmark   September 17, 2007 at 9:47PM
katalase

Thanks for sharing, nolagirl! It turned out fantastic and I love your choices (well, I never tire of white cabinets and subway tie). They tie the house together beautifully.

Bookmark   September 20, 2007 at 1:31PM
kim2007

Hello--what a fantastic old house! I didn't know what a Creole cottage was like. It's a very comfortable looking home that showcases the old detailing but isn't a dogmatic recreation of the past. Perfect.

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 1:03AM
redbirds

Nolagirl, it is absolutely awesome! I'm redoing a Louisiana house myself. I cannot get enough New Orleans architecture, you just did a perfect job on it. I haven't checked this site in awhile, I need to more often!

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 9:49AM
xantippe

What a fabulous house! Can I move in? :) I guess I missed all of your previous posts (and couldn't seem to find them when I did a search), so forgive me if I'm repeated what others have asked, but what's the history of your house? Is it a "typical" house for its era/location? Why is there a building in the backyard? How was it used--and how do you plan to use it?

I'm a domestic historian, so I can't help asking nosy questions when I see a neat old place! :)

Bookmark   October 24, 2007 at 2:53PM
More Discussions
Need your ideas for a new-old home,...
We are planning to build a home that appears to be...
ccintx
Old-Growth Heart pine paneling -- reused as flooring?
Hi, My new 1939 colonial has a family room and foyer...
dyhgarden
Stripper for stripper-resistant paint?
I'm having a tough time removing multiple layers of...
dilettante_gw
introduction
Good afternoon, I just wanted to introduce myself,...
SPM2
Foundation problem?
Hi all, this is a 1950s cape and every winter when...
kevingalaxy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™