Looking for a counter top microwave. Recommendations anyone ?

pump_toadFebruary 6, 2013

I am just looking for a inexpensive counter top microwave. Monday I went to Walmart and picked up a Hamilton Beach. Got it home,plugged it in and it tripped the power off. Took it back today and they asked if I wanted another one ? No way, I need to check and see if any of you folks have had a recent microwave that actually works.
Lois

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janie_ga

We just have the %60 one from Walmart.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 8:28PM
linda_in_iowa

Mine is a Sharp from WalMart. It has served me well.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 9:17PM
maire_cate

We have the GE Spacemaker II. We bought it in September to replace a GE Spacemaker that finally died after 18 years - not bad for an inexpensive microwave that had heavy use for 18 years. We also have one at our vacation home that's now 15 years old.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 9:24PM
morz8

My built in is Amana in this new-to-me house - I haven't had an Amana microwave since my very first, purchased in the '70s when I worked at a hardware and appliance store and they were well over $500 :), and that may have been after employee's discount.

The last countertop I bought and left in the house I will sell was Kenmore from Sears, on sale about 5 years ago for approximately $70. It would hold a 9x12 pan, had a turn table, more functions than I needed and still working great.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 11:47PM
cat_ky

I had a GE for many many years. Replaced it with another GE about 5 yrs ago. When we sold the house, the buyers asked us to leave it. I bought the identical one for this house. It will be 4 yrs old in June. Bought it at Lowes.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 8:58AM
More Discussions
5 word game
Start with a word and from that word create 5 new words...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Did everyone send out their swap gifts?
Just checking, only a few days left.
JoAnn_Fla
Drapes, 84 or 98?
Do you prefer your drapes hung near the ceiling (98)...
lucillle
Has anyone ever shipped a car?
I'm thinking of selling my car to my sister, but she...
uxorial
Audrey, it's like Christmas!
You sure over did yourself! Such beautiful and wonderful...
cheryl_okla
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™