for karin_mt ... matching grout to caulk

pentimentoFebruary 4, 2013

In Nomad4's post about green backsplashes you commented that you're grouting your green glass tiles today and found a platinum color you and your DH liked, but the matching caulk is not available, so you might just go with white. Wanted to let you know about a product called Earth Master Silicone GroutMatch found at http://www.colored-caulk.com. It's included in a previous gardenweb kitchens thread called "Fun thread-What decisions did you make/avoid thanks to GW?" at http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg111407123754.html. See oldbat2be's comment on the product.

Though it sounds like you're grout will go in today, so you have a bit of a time crunch. If you end up going with white grout I imagine that will be beautiful, too. Share pics when you're done, please!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karin_mt

Goodness this is SO nice of you! This might save the day!

If we go this route do you think we can grout today and then match the caulk later, when we order this stuff?

This could not have arrived at a better time (and for once I am feeling a little less guilty for checking the forum so often!).

Thank you! Will report back.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 12:52PM
karin_mt

OK, disaster averted (ok, maybe it wasn't an actual disaster). Our builder brought up a sample pack from a different brand, and all the colors had matching caulk available. So we selected a nice light grey from that brand. Grout just started to go on. I think I'll stay up in the office here for a bit so I don't have any more opportunities to change my mind!

Pentimento, I am very thankful for your advice - I heart GW!

This post was edited by karin_mt on Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 15:16

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 3:14PM
nomad4

I'm cheering for you, no more grout nightmares. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 3:19PM
pentimento

Glad to hear you found a solution you liked. I just saw your tile with the silverado grout that you posted on the "Show me your green tile" thread. It looks great!

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 11:44AM
More Discussions
Need floorplan advice/help
Hello everyone! Looking for floorplan advice on our...
K L
Anyone used solid surface backsplash with granite countertops?
I am considering doing full backsplash in Corian (or...
Carol Vesier
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
CEFreeman_GW
Strategies for washing dishes in a large single sink vs double sink
Hi all, We have in our plans to get a large (33 inch)...
ontariomom
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™