Insulating unfinished attic/3rd floor - staging for Geothermal
I'm so confused here, I really hope someone can help me figure this out. I've been doing so much research and found so much conflicting information I can't make a decision.
I have a 130 year old victorian house. I will be switching from oil to geothermal soon but first I wanted to insulate the unfinished 3rd floor. At the same time, I'd like to finish the space and make it usable.. I can afford to insulate using tradition fiberglass batts and completely finish the space.. but I'm not sure if I would be better off with some kind of foam, icynene.
I've read good and bad regarding icynene.. I don't know if it is worth the extra expense or delaying the finishing of the space. I don't think I could afford to do the entire project at this time if I were to go with spray foam, but I don't want to make a hasty decision I will later regret.
I am not as concerned with R value as I am with moisture and how it will hold up over time.
PLEASE someone help me get past this mental roadblock!