re doing old woodshed

ronbreSeptember 22, 2009

we have a shed 8x16 that used to be a woodshed..just steps from our back door..we put in a wood boiler last fall and built a new woodshed onto the building it is in..so the old woodshed was left unused.

i am repuposing it to a garden and tool shed. it has some cleaning to be done in it yet..but a few weeks ago i bought 4 4x8 pieces of pegboard and moved everything away from one end and side wall and put up the pegboard to form a corner at the end..and then do one entire wall..have a corner rubbermaid garden tool stand and bought hooks..put one shelf perpendicular to pegboard and have it all organized with our ryobi battery tools, hammers, nails, screws, crowbars, garden rakes, shovels, hoes..etc..it really makes it nice to be able to find everything and know where it is a few steps from our kitchen door..when we are able to get the OTHER WALL completely cleaned out..storing stuff there now..we will get more pegboard and put it on the other wall...at least 3 more sheets..and hang the rest of our tools and things there..the shelves are holding things that are too large to put on the pegboard.

did even draw around a few tools so if they get removed they will be replaced in the right spot..one is already missing ..Joel ..our son has it..a large crowbar...at least you know what is gone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
postum

Wow, what a fun project! Do you have any photos? I have a 10x10 shed and have trouble keeping it organized. I'd love to see how you worked it out.
Best,
Amy

Bookmark   September 23, 2009 at 4:04PM
More Discussions
New cubicle. Organization and decorating help
Recently started a new job and now have a cubicle....
kaitie09
What to do with hundreds of CDs
I have nice storage boxes filled with hundreds of CDs...
janeway452
Cleaning Service--what do you have them do?
I enjoy reading this forum and now understand the difference...
bstnjohn
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
Sponsored Products
Kichler Everly Olde Bronze Pendant 1-Light
PLFixtures
Linnette Rug 10' x 14' - SMOKE
$3,099.00 | Horchow
British Colonial Outdoor Sofa with Cushions, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
JLA Home Premier Comfort Microtec Throw Blanket - BL50-0648
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Ellsworth Neutral Tufted Sofa
$2,099.00 | Horchow