Darker Tile Choice for Small Bathroom with lots of lite

bluestarrgalleryFebruary 22, 2014

we just demo'd the shower and realize we have two lights in the bathroom and a window which makes it very bright in the bathroom during the day and at night. We are now thinking of a darker tile, but still not sure if we should put the same tile on floor as the shower. we plan on an expresso black vanity with a white sink, the bathroom is so small the vanity can only be 24 inches in width.

link is for the light tile choice for the small bathroom.

what do you think of this darker choice, dh and I both tend to like a darker palate as opposed to a lighter one

Here is a link that might be useful: Light Tile Samples

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peony4

I'd say don't be afraid of the dark. A few years ago, I'd call what you have here "dark" but then we remodeled a basement bathroom. Because it would be used primarily by the men in our family, I left the choices up to them. They chose a dark, dark tile (with black, slate, chocolate tones and a slight sheet), and we used it on the floor and in the shower. It's my favorite bathroom in the house--the darkness is warm and cozy. Proper lighting keeps it functional. If you like a darker color scheme, I wouldn't hesitate to go even darker than what you have here.

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 11:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ineffablespace

I also like dark tile for some bathrooms but of the two, I prefer your original combination.

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 11:34AM
More Discussions
F&B to BM color closest matches
If F&B is not near you but BM is....
the_foxes_pad
Do you have a blog?
Not sure what the houzz rules are (snicker at myself...
the_foxes_pad
Animal print carpeting revisited
I googled stark and it looks like it sells to the trade....
bossyvossy
JCPenny Linden Street Furniture Slip Cover?
Does anyone have the JCPenny Linden Street Furniture...
daisymc
Question about decorating rooms that lead to another
Both my living room and kitchen are visible from my...
tracefacemsu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™