Organizational things I'm looking forward to
I've been very grumpy lately, so I thought I would make a list of a few of the things in the house we're buying (closing next Thursday, did I mention that? LOL) that I am going to WELCOME, organizationally and spatially speaking, because our previous house didn't have them.
1. COAT CLOSETS - oh my gosh, in our previous home the coats always ended up in a HUGE pile on a rocking chair in the living room. NOT the decorating theme I was going for, certainly, but there literally was no place else to put them.
2. LINEN CLOSETS - again, there was no such thing as "storing the seasonal stuff" in our house. I will finally have shelving to store blankets, and a devoted space for sheet sets (which previously lived in the armoire in our bedroom).
3. FAMILY ROOM - our new house has three bedrooms, plus bath, kitchen, dining and living rooms upstairs. AND it has a finished family/rec room downstairs. In our old house, if DD wanted to play a video game using the television, DH and I were quite literally banished to the dining room table because there was no place else for us to go.
4. LAZY SUSAN Cabinet - I will finally be able to reach all my canned goods :)
5. KITCHEN STORAGE - I will finally get to house my pots 'n pans somewhere besides in the oven.
6. SPARE BEDROOM - A permanent home for my crafty/genealogy stuff, extra closet space for seasonals, and charging stations for two laptop computers plus the printer. These things do not have to be on the dining room table and "TV trays" anymore!
7. KITCHEN 'OFFICE' NOOK - a place where the mail can get sorted and stacked, besides the poor dining room table!
8. LIVING ROOM SEATING - We'll finally have room for more than just a couch and entertainment center in the living room, which means more than three people can sit around the television/DVD player at one time! (Plus, with the rec room downstairs, the video games will also have their own space!)
9. ROOM TO ENTERTAIN - the previous owner is leaving us a billiard table in the rec room, and we are adding a tv/gaming area and a bar. Stuff to do with guests besides sit around the (you guessed it) dining room table!
And 10. HOSTING THE HOLIDAYS - because of all of the above, I will finally have enough room to host family members during the holidays!
I feel better now. (I really do, I had no idea this exercise would make me smile so much!!!)
Now your turn - share something about your home/apartment that you LOVE because of the way it organizes your stuff!