Ghost Stories!

vjrntsAugust 29, 2008

Well, school has started again, and it's cooling off a little (at least here in western New York). It's the season for ghost stories, and the online edition of Old House Journal has a few at http://www.oldhousejournal.com/magazine/1531. Have fun!

Anyone here have a ghost? We have a presence in one of our hallways, and a local psychic tells me she's a woman and the year 1934 is important for some reason, but other than that, nothing special. How about you?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_vincent

We have a gentleman who's made himself known a few times. He bugs my wife more than me, though. He'll push on the corner of the bed when she's trying to take a nap, but he'll also open cabinets for her when she's in the kitchen. I've also seen quarter sized orbs come out of the ceiling and disappear behind my dresser. The house we're in is about 100 years old, and the original occupant died in a rocking chair in his sleep. We're pretty sure it's him. He doesn't scare either of us at all. We've sort of grown accustomed to him being around. If everything goes right and we end up buying the house next door, I'll be curious to see if we end up with any "residents" over there, as well!

In all the places I've lived, this has been my very first experience with this kind of thing, and watching haunted shows on tv, it's always seemed kind of creepy, albeit interesting, but it's really pretty neat.

Bookmark   August 29, 2008 at 9:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vjrnts

I grew up in a house with a ghost, we think. At least, the people who bought the house from my parents called them up a year later to ask delicately if there was ever someone living that "that you couldn't see?" They were feeling the same things in the same places as we did.

Shakespeare said it best: "There is more in heaven and earth than is dreamed of your philosophy."

Bookmark   August 30, 2008 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
Hot water radiators
We own a 1900 home which has forced hot water heating...
alexia10
Old-Growth Heart pine paneling -- reused as flooring?
Hi, My new 1939 colonial has a family room and foyer...
dyhgarden
interesting plaster job - what to do to fix it?
I'm doing some work in my dining room that includes...
mccb1
Claw foot tub...best?
I also posted this in the bathroom forum, but though...
monica_thompson
Color advice for new front door
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
j1plante
Sponsored Products
Pac-Man's Arcade Party Cocktail by Namco - PACARCADEPTYCOCKTAIL
Hayneedle
Casper Ghost Dining Side Chair in Smoked Clear
$79.00 | LexMod
Pac-Man Ghost Salt & Pepper Shakers
$9.99 | zulily
Feiss Aveline 28 1/4" Wide Brushed Steel Bathroom Light
Lamps Plus
Kartell | Ghost Buster Console Table
YLighting
Burton Ghost Style Black Dining Armchair (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Set of 2 Victoria Style Ghost Bar Stool White Color
eModern Decor
Nova Amarillo Ghost White Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™