Need to get some things done... keep me accountable?
This coming Saturday is my brother's engagement party and on Sunday it is my and my daughter's birthday. (Fortunately both are family functions, with no cooking involved.) Sunday morning we'll be at church, so this leaves me Thursday (it is Thursday morning here), Friday and Saturday morning to get the following done:
2) Kitchen sink and surrounding counter and backsplash.
3) Kitchen cabinet doors.
4) Spot clean walls (the whole apartment).
7) Mop tile and terrazzo floors (kitchen, bathroom, entrance and little halls, living room balcony).
8) Dust all rooms (hope DH will do half of it).
9) Swiffer floors.
- Straighten my nightstand, my bedroom bookcase and the bookcase in the kids room.
- Go to the pastry shop to order both the engagement (one more phone call to my Mom) and the birthday cake, and then go again both days to pick the cakes up.
- Get some more groceries (involves another phone call).
- Get down from storage the rest of the couch pillows and the bedspread for our bed (Sunday afternoon).
The swiffering, dusting and moping must be done on Saturday morning. (I'll just do a touch up on Sunday afternoon.)
Bathroom and windows should be done Friday afternoon (and a touch up on Sunday).
Kitchen, walls and straightening should be done Thursday and Friday morning. So, I'll aim for all kitchen cleaning today and walls/straightening tomorrow morning.
Today evening I'll go to order the cakes, and tomorrow early in the morning I'll go to the supermarket.
Also laundry must be kept up with. (It tends to swell on weekends) I'm doing well on this one, yay!
And of course there is the regular cooking and kitchen cleaning today and tomorrow.
It may not sound like much to do (especially for an apartment like ours) but this is also the week we potty train, so I need to stop what I'm doing frequently to take DD to the potty before she asks me, rush her when she does ask and mop up the accidents (and get to the mess before my younger toddler does!).
I guess my problem is that I don't like to clean. That's why I post here my little personal challenge. I'll sure appreciate anyone who'll ask how I'm doing and cheer me up a bit.
Any who care to join me with their own challenges, are welcome!