Clean Sweep Club

mommabirdAugust 2, 2013

My neighborhood has a Facebook page - it's a community forum where we share news & ideas. I posted this week to see if anyone is interested in forming a Clean Sweep club. So far, we have 15 people. We are going to rotate around to each other's house doing a room at a time. I'm first, since it was my idea. Next Sunday we're going to Clean Sweep my bedroom! I hope folks actually show up.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

Sounds like a great idea! You're brave. I don't think I could let people do that in my bedroom. It's where I hide things. I'd love for someone to tackle my kitchen.

Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 12:22PM
jannie

What a great idea! I used to be in a garden club. All the members were middle-age (or older) women. We rotated meetings among members homes and weeded each garden when we visited. After our work was done, we sat around chatting and the homeowner would make us a fancy lunch. Great fun. The group fell apart when one member died and a couple others got divorced

This post was edited by jannie on Sat, Aug 17, 13 at 7:54

Bookmark   August 7, 2013 at 9:00AM
talley_sue_nyc

It's a great idea, and I've thought of trying to organize something like this. But I'm afraid it would end up that some people would never show up for the work, but would take the help.

Bookmark   August 13, 2013 at 2:10PM
colorcrazy

Mommabird, that is a great idea! Did anyone show up? I like Jannie's idea of using it to garden, one yard at a time. Much more fun that doing it by yourself.

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
Designing a home office! What would you include?
We are gutting our home office .... creating a his...
Becky Berend
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™