Need Help with shoe storage!

swmboAugust 25, 2006

Hi, I'm new here, I have been a lurker for some time and have received quite a number of useful tips, I also enjoy the friendly and helpful spirit that is shown here, I wonder if you may be able to help me!

I need some ideas for storing DS shoes. At the moment they are all in a basket at the bottom of his wardrobe. I would like to improve on this as it does not look the best. He has about 6 pairs - he has quite a long available floor space at the base of his wardrobe - nothing else is kept there except a small backpack. He has 2 large sliding wardrobe doors, so I am unable to use a over the door shoe organizer.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated, and also if you would like more info, just let me know . Thanks :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltglo

My husband like the two level rack type shoe holders like the link below. It's just right for six pair of shoes. I prefer mine just to be lined up neatly on the closet floor. We also have sliders on our entry closets and a small rack will keep them within easy reach on just one side.

Gloria

Here is a link that might be useful: small shoe rack

Bookmark   August 25, 2006 at 9:37PM
swmbo

Thanks Gloria, I have had thoughts of a shoe rack like you described. It is good to hear that your hubby likes that style.
Shoes are a bit of a problem in our home, we have tried hanging shoe (cloth) bags in wardrobes, boxes, storing them in an old 6 drawer dresser in the garage etc and I am running out of ideas, I did not know if there was another alternative that was working for some of you, I would love to hear them!

Bookmark   August 26, 2006 at 3:46AM
liz_h

This might not work for your son, but it is about the neatest shoe storage solutions I've seen. It's pretty enough to go right by the front door.

But extremely functional!

This was made with Akurum cabinets from IKEA, originally posted on the IKEAFansite.

Bookmark   August 26, 2006 at 11:03PM
liz_h

Oops! I misposted there. Here's the shoe cabinet open. Thanks to emilymch on ikeafans.com for these photos.

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 10:30PM
More Discussions
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™