The best place to store books?

homeorganizationAugust 13, 2009

I love to read and I always buy the books I read.

A book shelf would be the best place to store my books but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a book shelf. Is there any suggestions on alternate storage or easy instructions on how to build my own?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julietspeaks

We finally bit the bullet and bought several inexpensive bookcases at a Staples, but I'm always seeing bookcases go by on Craigslist. That might be a good place to start.

Bookmark   August 13, 2009 at 11:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justgotabme

I too was going to suggest Craigslist, but often they go fast so you have to watch closely. There's also thrift stores, but they usually go out the door soon after they come in.
I doubt there's any cheap way to build one unless you can find used lumber on CL. Check the materials listings. Often builders get rid of their extras that way. Be creative.
Hubby and I love to read. He shares with our son and friends, I started buying mine at thrift stores since I'm not one that has to read the latest when it first comes out. If you do that you could save enough to buy some bookselves. We have a library in our home which I thought was for books, but hubby seems to thinks it for anything he wants to cram in there. So not pretty. I did buy some inexpensive black plastic shelving at Target that I use for lighter things on the upper shelves and stack my books in baskets on the bottom shelves.
You could store them under the bed in containers made for under the bed. So much waisted space there.

Bookmark   August 14, 2009 at 7:20PM
More Discussions
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
Cleaning Service--what do you have them do?
I enjoy reading this forum and now understand the difference...
bstnjohn
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™