Can't decide whats best...
So, the seller is paying for the new roof, foundation repair and whatever damages that occur with jacking up the house. BUT hubby and I were talking to my dad and one of his foundation repair friends, and they told us about prefabricated basements. IT IS an option...in the process of getting more information and possible quote. But hubby and I would be paying for it...I couldn't ask the seller to pay for it as it's purely a personal choice on whether to have a basement or not.
So, my question is. Can I leave the foundation as is IF we decide to go ahead and do a prefab basement? We are looking at a time frame of a few years to get one, possibly 3-4 years, give or take a year or two. We are even considering doing a partial basement partial crawl space. But I just need to know if it would be okay to leave the foundation like it is now until then?
My dad mentioned that it would make no sense to raise the foundation and spend this elderly mans money if we decide to put in a basement. It would save him roughly 9k if we leave the foundation alone.
So what do you all think? Have old man spend the money on the foundation and do the basement, or leave it as is and save him money and do the basement? We are getting a basement for sure in the future.