Help! New Roof Color & Exterior Color Scheme

Deb2601February 18, 2014

Hi, Please any Ideas on new roof color and color scheme. I live in Florida and thinking a lighter color roof, maybe lite gray or lite tannish. Tan would blend with bricks more mono chromatic( maybe house would look larger) or gray would contrast(maybe ground house) I really don't know ! I may be way off. Also painting garage to blend in, is important,not such a focal point.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tibbrix

There you go! Someone responded in the other thread, btw. go back and read it, and my post. I added how to get rid of your post on that thread so you don't have two going.

Now you have your own thread!

I think a gray roof would clash with the stone work on your house. I think red cedar shakes would be beautiful and make the stone work and the wood trim look great.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:38AM
beverlyfla

GAF Timberline Architectural Shingles. Your roof needs dimension so it's not so very flat.

I like the 2 colors I circled.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:20PM
tibbrix

I think the Barkwood would look nice on her house. weathered wood is too gray, I think, for the woodwork and the stone work on the house. I think the Shakewood would look nice too.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:23PM
Fluffeebiskits1

Have you tried driving around the neighborhood to see what roof colors houses with similar brick and siding colors have? Or cleaning and sanding the cedar to lighten it a little? I had the same color cedar shutters with a similar color brick and changed from a brown to a Timberline Weathered Wood roof. Once the shutters were sanded, it looked nice, but I ended up painting them anyway since I wanted a change. SW Oak Creek for shutters and SW Riverway for door. I think the HGTV Neutral Nuance color palette might offer some good options for color schemes. Or try going to any paint store and looking at the exterior color combos that they put together. I also think that the GAF Mission Brown would be a good roof color. It's a good compromise between Weathererd Wood and Barkwood.

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 11:20AM
Skyangel23

For roof, I like the browns as well, barkwood or shakewood. The front door recedes because it's dark. How about a bright, peppy color for the front door? Not sure what. Maybe some kind of blue? The brick is light, and I think some lighter colors would brighten up the house and then you can do some fun, focus point colors with the door and the shutters.

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 11:48AM
raee_gw

Try this site out -- you won't find the exact material that are on your house but the colors can come close. I liked the Aged Oak for your house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gaf color selector

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 12:01PM
More Discussions
Unique Craftsman trim & wainscotting Examples, Info, Opinions
I am looking for examples of unique craftsman and/or...
Corbin Dodge
It's me......
Hi Everybody. It's me. I'm a relatively longtime...
Karen Viscito Interiors
Art height...opinions
i'm hanging six botanicals above table. Do you think...
Kitch4me
My anniversary gift
Got a new piece of furniture the other day. Well sort...
the_foxes_pad
New Rocking Chair placement
I just bought this new Risom rocker as a floor sample....
rockybird
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™