Neat laundry room idea!

brugloverZ9August 12, 2008

With so many people talking about laundry rooms I thought I would post this idea I just saw in the book "A Place for Everything" by P.Wolfman & C. Gold.

I need to return the book to the library and thought this one one of the nicest ideas in it!

Not sure it will be readable...but they made a heavy curtain with gromets and hung it from below a shelf or I suppose a cabinet with cup hooks. It is to hide the plugs and equipment on the wall. Then they used the curtain to hang photos, etc on!

I think I might try it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mustangs81

Good idea!

I did a similar thing with a tension rod between the shelf brackets, then put cup hooks on the top of the frame and hooked it to the tension rod. I can easily take the frame down if I need to get to the hoses and valves.

Bookmark   August 12, 2008 at 2:46PM
talley_sue_nyc

Mustangs, when I write my book, will you let me use your pictures and your stories in some of my chapters?

That's a great idea, to cover the plugs. Why have the visual clutter if you don't need it?

Bookmark   August 12, 2008 at 4:09PM
jamie_mt

That is such a great idea!! I might have to do that on my boring white basement wall. I've ordered some metal signs to hang over the washer/dryer, but that sort of a background would be ever so much more interesting...

Thanks! :-)

Bookmark   August 12, 2008 at 5:04PM
maryliz

Thanks for sharing this great idea. The photos are helpful. (Thanks for yours, too, Mustangs.) I might be able to use this idea in my own mud room / laundry room. I plan to have a shelf above the (top-load) washer, so I can just scoop the laundry powder right into the machine. Why not use the space under the shelf for a curtain / cork board to hide all the hoses and power cords, plus have a little room to pin up some postcards, reminders, etc.? Why not have a pretty laundry room?

MaryLiz

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 9:07AM
mustangs81

Will you let me use your pictures and your stories in some of my chapters? Talley_Sue, I would be honored!!! You have been an inspiration for several of my organizational success.

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 10:32AM
brugloverZ9

mustangs...not sure where your rod and curtain are in the photo...below the cabinet or below the shelf. You did such a good job I can't even see it! Please let me know where it is.
Your laundry room is so nice and tidy...Good for you! I like your sign too...about "colors" !

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 12:42PM
mustangs81

Thank you Bbrugloverz9! The small tension rod is wedged between the two triangular shaped brackets that are holding the shelf up. I can just slide the checker board frame over to access the valves and hoses.

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Sponsored Products
Sherise Oval Mirror
Grandin Road
Laviano Gray Bone Inlay 20 1/2" x 36 1/2" Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Ivory & Green Taylor Wool Rug
$54.99 | zulily
Case Study 3 Bowl Plant Stand - Small - Modernica
$595.00 | HORNE
Hughes Chair - Key Largo Grass Green
Joybird Furniture
Vista Adjustable Bar Stool - BS-VIVA BK
$238.50 | Hayneedle
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Jerada Dark Beige 5 ft. x
Home Depot
Hand-tufted Contemporary Beige Tienen New Zealand Wool Abstract Rug (8' Round)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™