Nothing like a dead fridge!!

beacheAugust 1, 2005

My old fridge started dying. It would cool, but then shut down, so the new one came this morning. I spent much of yesterday cleaning out the old one. What a great feeling! I threw out so many things I'd been keeping "just in case" (like rice flour, dried coconut, capers that I bought for one stupid recipe).

I found meat in the back that was so freezer burned. It's all going in the garbage. So nice to start fresh! And with my new bottom freezer fridge, I'll be able to see all the fresh food so much better. Maybe no more green leftovers in the back!

It got me motivated to go on to the rest of the house!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cupofkindness

What are great happenstance! Congratulations on your new bottom freezer fridge. By the way, how many cubic feet in the freezer and then in the fridge?

Thanks!

Bookmark   August 1, 2005 at 1:17PM
marie26

I love my bottom freezer fridge because it's much easier to see what I have in the fridge part and I do a lot less bending since I don't go into the freezer that often.

It's fun to get something new, especially when it inspires us to get more organized in other parts of the house.

Bookmark   August 1, 2005 at 1:36PM
jannie

I once had a flood in my basement when my clothes washer overflowed . Took me about four hours to drag everything out to the garbage. And that's what a lot of it was all along-just garbage. Brown paper bags I was saving, ratty old towels, stuff like that. The basement looked beautiful after I mopped up the water, and the lineoleum floor got washed in the process.

Bookmark   August 23, 2005 at 8:45PM
wannadanc

Then there is my neighbor who will soon be selling her place w/ TWO freezers full of rotten food ..... she sez she just doesn't do nasty things, won't touch them ..... and the buyer can get rid of the freezers!!! DUH!!!!! I should also add that if anything spoils in refrigerator, like a casserole, the casserole DISH gets tossed, along a/ the offending rot!

Bookmark   August 24, 2005 at 5:07PM
More Discussions
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
Please recommend a good paper shredder
I have a little one that can shred two sheets (max)...
bossyvossy
But I was all set to declutter the soup tureen!
I was given a soup tureen at my bridal shower. It's...
talley_sue_nyc
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™