Kids' Art Supplies

des_arc_ya_yaAugust 14, 2007

DGD and I just spent about 30 minutes going through the GKs' art supply box. It's just a big cardboard box in their bedroom that is filled with paints, glue, brushes, papers, etc. We went through, cleaned out all the old dried up paint and organized all their supplies using ziplock bags. The girls are 7 and 11 and love to have things neat and organized, so they're thrilled to be able to have a way to keep like things together.

(I'm semi pumped from doing this so easily - somebody give me some more inspiration and I'll just go la la today! LOL)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

I like having my kids' art supplies in shallow drawers. I make great use of those Sterilite 3-drawer chests.

congrats on your progress!

Bookmark   August 14, 2007 at 12:49PM
pink_overalls

My daughter keeps her 4-year old's art supplies in a 20-pocket shoe organizer hung inside their laundry room door. The lower pockets hold the things he can use more or less unsupervised, and the messy stuff is up high. Seeing it all at a glance makes choosing an activity easy.

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 12:28AM
stephanie_in_ga

I do what Talley Sue does, the shallow drawers. I think mine are Sterilite, too. I made sure before I bought them that they would pull all the way out easily. So the kids can spread the drawers out where they are working, find items easiy and put it away in a snap. Shallow drawers let them find the 1 silver crayon without dumping out all 200.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
Best life lesson I ever learned
Best life lesson I ever learned was at 25 years old...
swissmissmama
Cleaning Service--what do you have them do?
I enjoy reading this forum and now understand the difference...
bstnjohn
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Organizing vs. Cleaning?
Have discovered in the last few weeks that I get a...
des_arc_ya_ya
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™