Clawfoot tub shower curtain dilema solved

mrsd1957August 5, 2007

I love the clawfoot but the little shower curtain enclosure was claustrophobic. While cleaning out the house we found several metal portable clothes racks, you know the ones you buy at Wally World cuz you don't have enough closets. My DH, while dismantling them decided to see if he could fabricate something. They have the perfect curves and lengths of pipe. He moved the original ceiling hanging fixture to the end of the tub, attached the two front corners (shower head end) to the wall/ceiling (bathroom has angled wall/ceiling), and moved the height up to accommodate our 6'5" son. The shower curtain enclosure is now slightly bigger than the size of the tub and the 3 curtains flow perfectly into it. Of course, now I'm not aloud to dispose of anything before checking with him. Never know what he can fabricate out of it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skatiero

Fantastic!!! I am so glad that you were able to figure out such a creative solution!! Sounds perfect! Can you post a picture?

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 1:14PM
wantoretire_did

I second the request for a picture. DS has one and sure could use some extra room.

Bookmark   August 11, 2007 at 7:04PM
mrsd1957

sorry I don't have a camera to post pics with. He just layed the pieces out on the floor until they looked like they would fit and then attached them to each other. The original ceiling mount was moved further towards the end of the tub and shortened in length. He attached the faucet end right to the wall because that wall is angled and it just fit. I would think modifications are possible depending where the tub sits near walls.

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 12:02PM
stephenbucher

I'll one up the last person...heres a video of what i did.

Here is a link that might be useful: youtube: clawfoot tub solution

Bookmark   May 20, 2011 at 12:13AM
More Discussions
Told we had a slate roof--turns out...
...it's asbestos. We bought our lovely, grand 1910...
hgolightly
Color advice for new front door
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
j1plante
Unique Craftsman trim & wainscotting Examples, Info, Opinions
I am looking for examples of unique craftsman and/or...
Corbin Dodge
stone house
Do any of you out there own a real stone house? Not...
seydoux
Ceiling after dormer
Riddle me this. I am living in a 1910 1 3/4 story bungalow with...
fredsoldhouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™