1911 automatic door pull

lesssismoreAugust 10, 2009

Hello All,

I live on the second floor of a 1911 Edwardian building in San Francisco. There is an automatic door system in place but i am missing the pull handle. Let me explain further, on a landing on the second floor there is one end of a rod connected to the front door and when you pull on the handle the door opens, saving you the trip down the stairs. Well I am missing the handle but am not sure what this whole apparatus is called so i am having a hard time finding this handle online. Can anyone help me identify the name of this, or point me in the direction of purchasing one.

thanks for your time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

How is the handle attached to the rod?
What size/shape is the attachment point?

It could be as simple as a door knob with a set screw, or some other custom made knob with clamps, setscrew(s), or threads.

    Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 12:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

could you take a picture?

    Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 6:10PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
1940 house (colonial) need period lighting advice
Hi! I'm really trying to stick with lighting that would...
Strip flooring with unusual cross section
(Cross posted from Flooring forum) I'm renovating a...
How to fix 1" gaps in drywall seams?
We recently bought our home (build in 1938). One of...
Extruded Mortar
I have an older home built in the 1950`s which has...
Stair striping and refinishing advice
I ve been stripping and refinishing my stairs in my...
Sponsored Products
DreamLine Shower Enclosures Unidoor 28 in. x 72 in. Hinge Shower Door with Half
Home Depot
New Multi-colors Wool Kilim 2' 3" X 4" Hand Knotted Navajo Striped Rug HT2802
$69.00 | BH Sun Inc
Outdoor Lighting. Piper Wall-Mount Outdoor White Light Fixture
$42.33 | Home Depot
Heavy Duty Square Iron Pipe Pull
Signature Hardware
Cabinet Door Coupon Pocket Holder
$7.49 | zulily
Frontporch Striped Fish Neutral Rectangular: 2 Ft. x 3 Ft. Indoor/Outdoor Rug
$39.90 | Bellacor
Lina Satin Nickel Table Lamp
$390.00 | Bellacor
Hudson 5 Drawer Chest - Light Cerused Sand - 5109
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™