Just found this forum!

bristlingacresAugust 30, 2007

Hi!

I just found this forum and it seems just the thing I've been looking and hoping for!

Over the past few years I've been trying really hard to go through stuff that my family left behind. The first house dh and I lived in was my family's old house and my family had left and they left all their junk and trash too! It's been an uphill battle all the way. Now we've moved to a different state and moved some of that junk with us. Slowly it's getting to a more manageable size.

We put in shelving units in the basement and now the boxes are slightly more organized (plus I'm still tossing stuff). It's not an ocean of boxes anymore!

Right now I'm having the most trouble figuring out what to do with all the toys we have. We have two dds (ages 4 and 1) and even when the toys are put away it still looks awful. I have something like this:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-1013254-0340620?asin=B000CSPO1A&AFID=Nextag&LNM=B000CSPO1A:Natural_Storage_Bin_With_Solid_Bins&ref=tgt_adv_XSN10001

(I hope that link works).

I'm also looking for ideas to display dds artwork. I've found a couple of ideas online but I'm always interested to see more.

Hope to learn a lot from you all!

Astrid

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gigi-f

Hi and welcome. I'm really new here, too. The system on your link is similar to one Ikea has called "Trofast" that I was thinking of getting for craft supplies. They design is similar, they also have the option of drawers and different size bins. Here's a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea Trofast System

Bookmark   August 30, 2007 at 12:26PM
minac

I haven't invested yet in anything to organize the toys other than the pop-up laundry type basket from Ikea and a soft toy chest. One thing I have to say especially with my youngest (18 months), her big joy is taking things out of the toy chest etc. sometimes more so than playing with the toy. At some point we have to get more organized with the toys but right now it is the adult clutter that is more the problem. Theoretically they (my other dd is almost 3) have a space for all their toys ... it's just about making sure we have cleaning up as part of the bedtime routine which I must admit I have been somewhat slack about.

Bookmark   September 1, 2007 at 1:23PM
marie26

Astrid, I bought the same item that is in your link for my gdd. It seemed like a really good idea at the time but even when it was perfectly organized, it still looked messy. I realized that it was because there were no lids. Eventually, my dd got rid of this system because of this fact. I'd say go with any system that you can close up each container. It will definitely give you a sense of being clutter-free.

Bookmark   September 1, 2007 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
The ultimate organizer
Two words: WORKSHOP PEGBOARD !!!!!! :)
lazy_gardens
Are there lateral file cabinet organizers?
I have a new lovely two drawer lateral file cabinet...
janeway452
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
Sponsored Products
Outdoor Lamp by Coe Studios
$370.00 | Lumens
Magis | Seggiolina Pop Children's Chair, Set of 4
YLiving.com
Small Printed Taupe Jar
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Hudson Counter Stool
Design Within Reach
MTI Andrea 15 Tub (60" x 30" x 19.25")
Modern Bathroom