Compac Carrara Quartz

aks42910February 12, 2014

Has anyone used this for a countertop surface? If so, do you have any photos? Also wondering if anyone has seen it in person? what are your thoughts compared to other quartz surfaces like caesarstone frosty carrina, Silestone lyra, etc.

We have chosen a carrara marble beveled subway tile and Im wondering how it will look together. Thank you in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yabooklady

I am in the process of looking at quartz countertops that look like marble, too. I just ordered some samples from Cambria and Silestone online. In Cambria I got Torquay and Waverton. The Torquay is a bright white with grey veining and the Waverton is a "greige" with veining. In Silestone I got samples in Lyra, Lagoon and Helix. I really like the Lagoon, but it doesn't have enough veining for my husband. I think I'm going with the Lyra for several reasons! 1) all of the samples have nice veining, but except for the Lagoon & Lyra, I really noticed what I called "pores" or specks in the quartz 2) I'm choosing a Silestone product over Cambria because the countertop store I'm buying it from will do the fabrication. Cambria requires that all fabrication be done by the manufacture/distributor and I've seen some seams that are deemed acceptable by the company, but would not be acceptable to me. My countertop place is a mom & pop / small business owner and I've seen their seam work and I trust them. Best of luck!

Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 11:34PM
More Discussions
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations
We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the...
veroni2413
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™