Pads under furniture for easier moving

marie26July 20, 2008

I purchased a clearance 2-shelf metal entertainment cabinet that was already put together at Ikea today for $15.00. It is missing the doors (which doesn't matter) and we need to get the shelves and pegs for the holes that are already there.

The bottom has 2 screws on each corner that holds the bottom shelves to the sides. I want the TV to be able to be moved every so often so that it is able to face two different areas in the room. The room has a tiled floor.

Can I use the pads that stick onto the bottom of furniture to make it slide easily? Or should I somehow put wheels instead of the screws that are on the furniture?

Thank you for any input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

I would think you could use those pads. The challenge will be to put them at the right spots, so that the strongest part of the unit is supporting its weight, and to get them not to come off.

There are the silicone versions, that actually work pretty well.

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 3:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pammyfay

Is it a tiled floor with grout lines, or are the tiles butted up tightly against each other? Cuz I'm wondering if the pads would get caught in the grout parts if the pads were the small ones. I have used the silicone furniture sliders with success, but on carpeting, not hard surfaces.
I guess a turntable under the TV won't work?

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
Are there lateral file cabinet organizers?
I have a new lovely two drawer lateral file cabinet...
janeway452
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™