Anyone ever use the large calendar by Thinkbin?

fishfacenjJuly 30, 2008

My mother-in-law introduced me to it a few years ago. I just went to order a new one and discovered there won't be one this year :( I like that it was large but simple/plain--not much in the way of color or illustrations (that would just distract me visually). My current one doesn't "officially" run out until December, but I always liked starting a new one in September. I'll add it to my back-of-my-head list of things I'm always on the lookout for, but does anyone know of a similarly plain and large calendar?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltglo

I use Flylady's calendar. Large blocks-no pictures-starts in August.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flylady's calendar

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 6:30PM
Maura63

Hi fishfacenj,

I never saw the Thinkbin calendar before - I might have used it!

Our central "family" calendar is by Dayrunner. It is fairly large (no upper "picture" or "art", so it's just grids). It hangs on the side of the fridge. It is ruled, which I like. It has empty boxes when the weeks start and end mid-week. I head these boxes with "Walmart" or "Costco" to note things we need. (These tend to be once-a-month errands.) Or sometimes someone's phone # might go in a spare box (i.e. If I am working with a contractor his # might go here, or if I need to return a business call later on the same month.) When the kids were in elementary school, their schedule occupied a box. (Mon-Music, Tues.-Gym, Wed-Art, and so on for quick reference. Not a big deal to rewrite each month. And also, it may have changed from the last month.) Another "reference note" might be "Ellios Pizza, 425 for 15 minutes" since we toss the box and wrap uncooked slices separately.

Basically, I enter all the calendar info at the beginning of each month -- but for an up-to-the-minute calendar, I generate a "Week-At-A-Glance" calendar on a Word doc that gets hung on the front of the fridge. The document is color-coded per person, and also has a column for daily chores and a column for To Do. Everyone is expected to update, etc. on this page. Call me anal, but I wouldn't be able to tolerate that visual "clutter" on a monthly calendar if changes need to be made. (Cross outs, erase marks, random colors, etc.)

Oh - it looks like Dayrunner is strictly "Planners" now (no wall calendars) -- but it now looks as if "At-A-Glance" offers the same product. (I hope so!!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Used to be Dayrunner, now At-a-Glance....

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 8:25PM
fishfacenj

Thanks, quiltglo and maura63! Off to poke around and pick a calendar :)

Bookmark   August 20, 2008 at 8:03PM
sheriz6

FWIW, I like the More Time Moms calendar. Flylady offered it a number of years ago before she made her own, and I still like it better.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Time Mom Family Organizer

Bookmark   August 20, 2008 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
Best Closet Organizer to install yourself
Which closet organizer is your favorite. We will install...
mitzibarnes
Sponsored Products
Sweet Jojo Designs 'Grey White Diamond' 3-piece Full/Queen Comforter Set
Overstock.com
Fresca Caro Espresso Modern Bathroom Vanity with Mirrored Side Cabinet
Modern Bathroom
Hammary Tacoma Rectangular Console Table
Beyond Stores
Darth Vader and Son Postcard Set
$7.99 | zulily
Stainless Steel Scratch-B-Gone Mini Kit
Signature Hardware
VP Home I-Cubes Lime Storage Baskets (Pack of 3)
Overstock.com
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Surya Rugs Candice Olson Pale Blue 3 ft.
Home Depot
Chevron Lime and White Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$350.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™