Best closet organizers if I want drawers?

shelly_kJuly 6, 2009

What are the best closet organizers that have drawers as options? Elfa? Other?

We are not planning to install it ourselves and are looking for decent quality but for as good a price as we can get.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brutuses

I came across the closet components Target has while browsing there one day. I don't know the name of the pieces, but I was quite surprised by the quality of the drawers and glides. They were sold as stacking units, but I'll get DH to mount them. They had side metal slides for the drawers and a double drawer was $39 I believe. I haven't done more research to see if they sell them on line also.

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 12:02AM
arielitas_mom

I really like Ikea's PAX / COMPLEMENT systems, esp. with respect to their drawers. IKEA closet systems come in 2 depths - 14 inches and 22 inches. The 22 inch deep units allow for much more functional drawers than I've seen elsewhere, given that most closet systems are anywhere from 14 to 16 inches deep. The IKEA organizers are cheaper than their competitors as well.

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 12:19AM
maryliz

I know nothing about Elfa. I have not taken a look at what Target has to offer.

In our mud room, we installed Ikea PAX / KOMPLEMENT closets. They are 95 inches tall, which means we had just enough room to stand them up, once we assembled them on the floor. The height means we can hang a one-piece work jumper inside, if we wish.

I like the flexibility of the Ikea closets. No drilling into the carcass of the cabinet, leaving nasty holes. I like the variety of available shelves and drawers and clothes rods and containers.

Bookmark   July 12, 2009 at 5:01PM
gt78

I just installed the IKEA Stolemen!

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 9:49PM
gardenlover25

Hello,

I have searched from Google on the design of closet organizer and drawers. I have found few designs and I hope you might like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: closet organizer

Bookmark   July 29, 2009 at 10:42AM
greencomputer

Maybe take a look at a bookcase of some sort. Most have adjustable shelves and would stand on their own. You can also find them with doors if need be.

Bookmark   July 30, 2009 at 7:53AM
More Discussions
"You Need a 'Waiting' Folder"--AskAManager has great advice
This is not just work--this would be great on a personal...
talley_sue_nyc
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
What to do with hundreds of CDs
I have nice storage boxes filled with hundreds of CDs...
janeway452
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™