Out of the mouths of babes

marie26July 31, 2006

My 4-year-old gdd has been visiting us for 2 months. She is going home next week.

Yesterday, I went through all of her toys to see which ones she wanted to take home with her. I couldn't believe how many she said to get rid of. For instance, if the toy didn't have all of the pieces or was just a Happy Meal give-away, she was very quick to say it should be thrown out. Since I'm the exact opposite, I found myself asking her if she was sure. She always said yes. I probably shouldn't be surprised since her mother has that gene as well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

That kid has the right idea.

Bookmark   August 1, 2006 at 8:26AM
des_arc_ya_ya

Yep, I think you either inherited the gene or you didn't! My DM has it. I must have been standing behind the door when it was passed out! LOL

Smart kid! I have two DGDs that are sisters. One's like her mom (my DIL) the other one, sadly, is her Mamaw's child! LOL

Bookmark   August 1, 2006 at 11:51AM
quiltglo

Oh no! No more stuck marshmallows! I'm sure you've enjoyed having her. Good idea to have her help you go through the toys before she leaves. Especially, with your own style, you'd hang onto all of it "just in case." Now, you'll have room for toys on the next visit. Too bad I can't ship you some of these kids here. If school doesn't start pretty soon, I'm going to lose my mind.

Gloria

Bookmark   August 2, 2006 at 6:43PM
marie26

I wish I didn't spoil her so much because even at that age she takes advantage. But we enjoy her soooo much and at least we've been able to spend a couple of months with her at a time so she can remember us and we can start to cement a relationship with her. It's very hard when you live on the other side of the country.

Bookmark   August 2, 2006 at 11:50PM
More Discussions
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
Are Lazy Susans useless or is it just me?
I'm in the process of revamping underutilized areas...
Mmmbeeer
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™