Bookcase with Glass Doors

kanuJuly 9, 2007

Can someone reccommend where I can buy a Bookcase with glass doors.

Finish : Cherry or Mahagony

Budget: Size : 5/6 shelves & 12" Deep & 36: Tall

If it is in a retail store that will be great so I can checkout the quality & construction as I intend to put this in the living area.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marti8a

I have a question, but don't want to hijack your thread. Do you want glass doors because of dust?

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 6:41PM
brendalyntc

We have what you are describing, but DH made it in high school. Our is technically a trophy case, so maybe it would help to refer to it as that. I don't much like it for books though because the doors aren't meant to be opened and closed often. I suppose if they had a different handle it'd be easier.

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 8:41AM
marge727

Costco featured a bookcase with glass doors that was about $500. If you or a friend are a member, try their online resources.

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 7:01PM
kanu

I did check Costco website. I coul't find any bookcase with doors. Can you tell me which category it is listed under. Better will be a link.

My 5 yr twin girls are crazy for books. Any kind of books they like to page thro' for days looking at the pictures. We have a big collection of art, cooking books that we use once in a while. I want to keep them away from the kids. Hence the doors.

Bookmark   July 12, 2007 at 2:12AM
fh2000

IKEA has a line of bookcases with doors called Billy. I installed and connected 3 of them together on one wall and I put 6 glass doors. Relatively cheap but look quite nice. I think I paid a total around $600. But it does require assemply (one afternoon for me) and maybe two adults (me, my wife) to raise and line them up.

Bookmark   July 17, 2007 at 3:37PM
More Discussions
Organizing vs. Cleaning?
Have discovered in the last few weeks that I get a...
des_arc_ya_ya
What to do with hundreds of CDs
I have nice storage boxes filled with hundreds of CDs...
Janeway452
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
Large closet advice
I'm turning a spare bedroom into a dressing room and...
helsharmar
"You Need a 'Waiting' Folder"--AskAManager has great advice
This is not just work--this would be great on a personal...
talley_sue_nyc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™