How to replace cabinet pulls from faux cabinet panels

npgl1971February 3, 2013

So we're trying to do a small project refreshing our kitchen and we wanted to replace the existing cabinet pulls from our kitchen cabinets. Turns out we didn't realize that the faux cabinet panels under the peninsula countertop and on the sides of our old oven are glued on WITH the cabinet pulls screwed on to them. There is no way to unscrew these cabinet pulls from anywhere so how do we replace them other than literally sawing of the faux panel and then unscrewing the handle and putting the new ones in?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That's a toughie!
Short of a saws-all (reciprocating saw), which would damage a lot, I think, I'd tape everything off and spray paint them to match your new hardware.

It's fine to have different hardware different places. (See budzillion pictures on this board) I think the finish is what would tie them together.

    Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 12:01PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
New Vicostone/Pental Quartz Calacatta Borghini?
Has anyone seen the new Vicostone/Pental quartz Calacatta...
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™