Room Six Done!

downeastwavesJuly 19, 2008

Oh come on! Take a PEEK!

It was a lot of work and now it is done! Master bedroom room 6 done!

Leasa

Eastport, Maine

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Six

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katsmah

Wow! I've just looked through your album. Thats an amazing amount of work that you have done on that old house. The transformation is amazing. How many rooms are left?

Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 9:53PM
downeastwaves

Thanks!

Well, downstairs there is a South parlor, kitchen, bathroom, entry hall with stairs and the cellar stairway that has a mini panty off the kitchen.
Upstairs there's the master bath, laundry room, back stairs to kitchen and a large hall area the bedrooms open onto. Then there is the barn, basement, new deck, entry stairs at East end of house and a small entry stoop into the house.

Leasa
We have a professional house painter for the outside so he will take care of those areas outside. We're doing all the insides.
We are going to recycle bricks from an old chimney into a couple of patio areas. That's about all that is left!

Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 10:35PM
sombreuil_mongrel

Holy crap, what a great house! You just finished room five a few days ago. Slow down, you're putting me to shame.
Casey

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 9:45AM
vjrnts

No kidding, you must have unbelievable energy?

What is the Mexican Prison?

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 5:14PM
downeastwaves

Thanks for looking!

We've been going great guns for several weeks now and the rooms are getting done fast!

The plumbers and electricians will be there this week--I hope and that will finish a few more rooms including the ex Mexican Prison which is now a laundry room. Our neighbor nick named it that because when we bought the place that was a very scary room. It is off the winder stairs that go to the kitchen and across from the master bedroom. It had plaster walls that were never painted with large cracks--the plaster was very hard to remove! And a single drop light hanging from the ceiling with a red light bulb in it and it, no window but a large closet, mop boards and a wood floor that looked well used.

Leasa

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 10:35PM
worthy

Bless all those benighted former owners who preserved your wonderful floors under layers of "improvements". Eighteen inch pine is rare. Very nice job!

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 11:00PM
More Discussions
1939 petite colonial - introduction
I was on GardenWeb for many years under Wonbyherwits,...
dyhgarden
Just closed on an older home and homeowners policy was cancelled
Six days ago, we closed on the house of our dreams,...
KristinaMonaLisa
Yikes. I just bought an 1898 Victorian house
Hi, I have always loved old homes and had the opportunity...
adamsmile
Old-Growth Heart pine paneling -- reused as flooring?
Hi, My new 1939 colonial has a family room and foyer...
dyhgarden
stone house
Do any of you out there own a real stone house? Not...
seydoux
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™