organization in a sewing room

talley_sue_nycJuly 20, 2008

A lexicographer I know of has a word blog, which I read (though she doesn't update often).

She is an avid sewer, and has a sewing blog, which she updates very frequently.

DressADay.com

She posted a bit ago about organizing her sewing room. She's not done, but she had some neat progress, and a couple of interesting ideas.

(I esp. liked her CD tower-turned-storage rack. I wish I knew what she used for the "drawers," and her family needs to buy her a P-touch labeler for Christmas)

And one of her readers discovered, as I did, that you can put patterns in comic-book boxes (I hadn't thought of the bags, though)

ChronicallyUncool.Blogspot.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elizabethzen

One of these days I'm going to redo my laundry room and make space for my sewing machine. Seeing the comic box idea and thinking of the larger size of vintage patterns (and any pattern that has been unfolded and doesn't fit in its original envelop very well any more!) I think I would like a drawer where plastic bagged patterns could be *filed*.

I'm giving this room a lot of thought because even though its one of the smallest in the house, its one of the busiest - important activities take place there daily (well, they would if it were organized).

I dream of fitting it out like a yacht or a motor home. Super efficient! A few IKEA cabinet, similar to the ones I have a few steps away in the kitchen would keep sewing, laundry, and pantry overflow neat and tidy. Maybe next year . . .

I enjoyed the Dress a Day website  thanks for sharing, Tally Sue.

Elizabeth

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 7:49AM
More Discussions
Cleaning Service--what do you have them do?
I enjoy reading this forum and now understand the difference...
bstnjohn
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
Are Lazy Susans useless or is it just me?
I'm in the process of revamping underutilized areas...
Mmmbeeer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™