What's for dinner Sunday?

patti43February 23, 2014

I had a late lunch (broccoli cheese soup) so I'm not hungry yet.

What delicious dinners are you making or eating out tonight?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gadgets

I had a coney dog along with some potato soup. Tasted pretty good to me.

Overcast here in Ohio today, but temperatures in high 30s and almost all the snow/ice is melted. Hooray.

Shirley

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 6:07PM
jasdip

Hi Patti!
We were up and watching the Canada/Sweden hockey game this morning. Some of the local bars were open at 6:30 so that hockey-lovers could watch the game. Note: Booze was NOT served, just breakfasts and lots of coffee. Lots of revelers took part.

I made more bran muffins today. They are so handy to have in the freezer.

Dinner was basmati rice, with onions and walnuts;
pork chops served with a dijon, apple juice and finely diced apples sauce, and roasted asparagus.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 6:09PM
marilyn_sue

I went to church with Cheryl and Kevin and then we 4 went to Captain D's for our lunch. Ate too much and it was very good. I am not hungry but we are getting ready to put a frozen pizza in the oven. I still have company plus Alyssa is here. Lunch was fried fish, coleslaw, fries, hush puppies and iced tea to drink.

Sue

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 7:00PM
glenda_al

Lunched with friend after church.

Surin's Thai and Sushi: we both had their

coconut tofu soup which is always outstanding

Thai bbq chicken with stir fried rice and shrimp

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 7:07PM
patti43

Shirley, that coney dog is calling me! Glad the snow and ice are gone so you can get out and about!

Jasdip, did your team win? I haven't been keeping up with the Olympics. My bad! I had 5 large baking potatoes that needed to be used so I made them into twice-baked potatoes. Baked the potatoes, scooped out the pulp, mashed it with butter, milk and sour cream. Added shredded cheddar, sliced green onions chopped parsley and some chopped bacon. Topped with more cheese and bacon. Put them on a cookie sheet and they are in the freezer before being stored in bags and run through the Food Saver. They sure look pretty!

Sue, glad you are able to get out again. Lunch sounds great. Little Alyssa will soon be a 3-year old. It's a great age. I've never had Captain D's but it looks a lot like Long John Silvers.

Glenda, I really like Thai coconut soup, but the rest of your meal sounds even better.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 7:24PM
kittiemom

We're having a spinach and mushroom salad topped with salmon and a blue cheese mustard dressing. DH is on a low carb diet so I'm supporting him and eating that way too. Weather here was nice, a bit cool, but overcast.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 7:26PM
TobyT

Roasting 2 "sticky" chickens, will have roasted squash, onions and cauliflower and steamed green beans.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 7:29PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

We are having ribs when they are done and baby Brussels sprouts in butter sauce.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 8:06PM
sweet_betsy No AL Z7

We are having jambalaya--it is smelling good. We enjoyed a beautiful sunny day but the cold returns midweek.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 8:18PM
ellendi

Angel hair pasta with clam sauce.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 8:58PM
jannie

i made "fake" McDonalds McRib sandwiches,using pork pattty TV dinners, put the meat on a bun with dill pickles. Hubby ate the whole thing, didn't complain a bit. Now we're watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 9:03PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

We went out for our weekend brunch and drive. Neither of us knew what we were hungry for, so we just headed for town to see what inspired us. We came across the City Cafe and Diner, within spitting distance of the Cracker Barrel AND IHOP, neither of which inspired us.

Jackpot! What a place and what food. Can't wait to go back and try some of their Greek food. Anyway, we both brought home leftovers to spare and that's what is for supper tonight.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 9:09PM
terri_pacnw

BD actually cooked..
He made smothered chops, fried cabbage and leeks and tried my oven rice trick.

Pretty much the only indoor cooked meal he makes. :)

I was thankful and he didn't leave to many dishes/pans for me to wash.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 10:38PM
bob_cville

Several people here mentioned broccoli cheese soup over the past couple of days, so tonight when I wanted to make something quick, between the replay of last weeks episode of Downton Abbey (which I had missed) and this weeks season finale, the thought "broccoli cheese soup" came to me.

I start with Campbell's Chunky Chicken Broccoli cheese & potato which is IMO too salty, and almost completely lacking in broccoli and cheese, but by adding half a can of milk, a small head of steamed broccoli florets, 4 oz shredded cheddar and three shakes of tobasco it turns out pretty good. And with the induction cooktop it was about 6 minutes total including steaming the broccoli.

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 11:40PM
More Discussions
Snakes!
It is that time here. There are snakes everywhere....
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Amazing Aunt Audrey
If you want a really good movie.....
....may I suggest "McFarland". I group of...
phoggie
First one arrived safe and sound
First calf of the season arrived today. Mom and baby...
prairie_rose
Fiesta dinnerware: Any other fans?
Armed with a couple of nice gift cards, I went on a...
alisande
Sponsored Products
Calhoun Armless Sofa - Lucky Turquoise Blue
Joybird Furniture
Treasure Garden Market Aluminum 9 Foot Collar Tilt Crank Lift Starlight Umbrella
$339.50 | LuxeDecor
Euro Style Daniel 47 x 23.6 Rectangular Walnut Coffee Table
$464.00 | LuxeDecor
Momeni Lil Mo Classic LMI-4 4' x 6' Multi Rug
$239.00 | PlushRugs
Faberware 3-quart Covered Saucepan
Overstock.com
Oakland Living Mississippi Dining Set
LuxeDecor
Sterling Willow Kidney Pillow
$42.00 | Bellacor
Modus 4-Light Chandelier by Quorum International