scrappy25 : my hacked Ikea rangehood
As requested: here you go :)
I started with a 30x24x24 fan cabinet frame (although in hindsight, a 30x30 base cabinet frame might have worked better).
I cut the face edges so that the cab was 20" deep and assembled with extra screws. 24" deep seemed to stick out too far over the stove...
I also raised the bottom of the frame so that it was recessed 4" up into the cab. This was so I could place the metal liner, for the blower, in the recess and it remained hidden. Just used a Broan 400 insert.
Attached 15x15 cab doors, and filled the gap below them with a piece(s) of 3/4" stock mdf. I cut a small arch in the stock to try and fancy it up and it reflects my doorway arches.
The small crown style shelf is just a cheap 30" floating shelf from Walmart. I think the corbels came from Rona and are probably meant as drapery holders lol. Plan to fill the holes with spackle (some day...)
I still need to line the sides as the cab sides are not long enough with the front piece added (see note above re: using 30x30 frame instead). And the whole thing needs filler pieces next to the wall cabs on either side.
Some day the crown molding and light rail will be added....