front door color

rndebJuly 14, 2006

I bought a ranch style home a year ago and have not thought of a solution to the front entrance that would make it stand out and invite. The house is a pale yellow with shutters and two doors that lead to the house the same terra cotta color. I feel uncomfortable having two front doors two different colors, but one leads to the garage and I would like to de-emphasize it while calling attention the the other. There is a short sidewalk leading to the the main entrance and two pots of flowers. I would love to do more achitectually, but that can't happen for awhile...ideas are appreciated, however. Is paint the easy solution? What color, etc.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terryinmd

I think you could paint the door you want to deemphasize and it;s trim, the same pale yellow as the "field". But before you paint, have you considered a wreath on the main door, or a pair of large flowering containers on either side?

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 7:43AM
Julie_MI_Z5

I like the wreath idea. What about white painted doors? The wreath would definitely be more of a stand-out with a white door background.

Also, maybe a flag pole mounted on the wall next to the front door? That would definitely catch the eye.
-----------------
small print disclaimer: i am a terrible home decorator. LOL

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 8:21PM
alicia7

I also think the same yellow as the house for garage door. Wreath is great idea!

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
But I was all set to declutter the soup tureen!
I was given a soup tureen at my bridal shower. It's...
talley_sue_nyc
Organizing vs. Cleaning?
Have discovered in the last few weeks that I get a...
des_arc_ya_ya
More organizing for my Mom
My Mom's apartment has cheap, inefficient kitchen cabinets....
annkh_nd
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™