Closet clean-out success

jollyrdJune 19, 2013

I did a round of cleaning/purging in early spring -- I needed space and I needed a justification for shopping for fresh spring clothes. And now three months later I was facing a cluttered closet again! I was walking in and out of it for month promising to 'get to it'.

I finally put my mind to it yesterday. And I feel good, no regrets! I set out three paper bags in front of the closet door, determined to get them filled. I mentally went over the shelves in the closet and knew that there are items in it that I have not TOUCHED for almost 3 years, some even longer. I was determined to rid off them. So I just grabbed them all and threw on the floor. I only pulled out couple shirts and pants, the rest went into the bags by categories -- dress/office clothes, tshirts, and sweaters.

result ... the three paper bags are full, and I needed another trash bag for a stack of old clothes I put aside - hoping to wear them 'after I lose my baby weight'! Yeah, right!

Four bags of clothes out of my closet, out of my house!

I already went through my shoes, and had a huge donate stack, and some to trash.

Now, if I could get my sweetheart to get rid of some of his STUFF... wishful thinking....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mustangs81

Yea! It sure feels good. Too often I walk past a project time and again and instead of "just doing it" I let it bug me. I bought a Nike t-shirt and wear it on work days to keep me on task.

While I am very organized, I have TMS to organize so I am like others here who now scrutinize the necessity of items before making the purchase.

Good for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Just Do It!

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 8:16AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

Hooray! Congrats on the progress.

And spend some time--I'm serious here, now--looking at that closet and wallowing, emotionally, in the sense of calm and order and achievement. It'll help you motivate yourself for a future clean-out.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 5:54PM
More Discussions
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
Please recommend a good paper shredder
I have a little one that can shred two sheets (max)...
bossyvossy
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
Sponsored Products
Polished Brass Single Light Etched Glass Globe Ceiling Mount
$21.95 | Bellacor
Crystorama Solaris English Bronze 28" Wide Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
7-Slot Organizing Rack
$9.99 | zulily
Lithonia Lighting Other Lighting 1-Light Flush Mount White Ceiling Fluorescent
$24.97 | Home Depot
GE 10 in. White LED Battery Operated Utility Light 17435
$11.87 | Home Depot