craft sink area finally done

dayenuJune 12, 2005

After installing a sink in the mudroom closet for craft things we finally got it organized for silk dying. here is a closeup of the grid my husband hung for me, I left one open space to be filled with more wire baskets.

I stretch and prepare the silk in my sewing room and then can use this area for the resists and dye and setting.

what do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

that looks really great!

And your DH helped pull it together--that's neat.

I'm feeling wistfully jealous, and realizing that I need to get my DH to work WITH me on some stuff like this. I just need to figure out how to fix it so he's not just watching, or being ordered around.

It looks like a good system; you'll have to keep us posted on how it actually works for you, whether you need to tweak it much, or whether it's pretty much what you nee.

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 1:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dayenu

Our secret for both being engaged in a project is to spend alot of time on the planning so he knows exactly what I want and how I will use what he creates. we often draw it out. He loves to take notes. once he knows how I willuse something he is great at designing something that will meet all my needs. and even suggesting some improvements which I feel free to incorporate or say "Nah, sorry honey."

For example he offered to build me narrow wooden shelves but then I said that dyes would stain it and it would start to look gross. he suggested the plastic covered metal grid and found a store 90 miles away that sold the stuff so we made a day of it with lunch and window shopping.

Once we bought all the components I gave him the range of where he could hang it, giving him some disrcetion to move it all a few inches over or up if he needed to. then - and this is important- I totally disappear (unless he asks me to come look or help) until he is done with installation or construction. (actually I was busy baking him a peach pie- a great incentive in this house). when this project was securely mounted I hung up the baskets/shelves while he handed me the things that went into each part.

SO now we can both take credit. I mixed up some new colors this morning and the space is working great. I have a skinny step stool in the closet for reaching the high items.

It's inspiring to be so organized.

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
Cleaning Service--what do you have them do?
I enjoy reading this forum and now understand the difference...
bstnjohn
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™