seydouxJuly 9, 2013

I have posted before, we bought a late 18th-early 19th century house in West Chester PA. I was wondering what all of you do when you need to replace millwork that has been damaged or removed. To say the least it is not standard. We have even considered learning how to make it, but does anyone know cabinet makers around that area who can reproduce the work?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You don't need a cabinetmaker, you need a custom millwork lumber company. Our 200 year old home needed large quantities of reproduction millwork, and most of it had to be copied, meaning the mill had to custom make a molding knife to duplicate my samples. I have a number of companies near me that can do this, and Google is your friend to look for them. Here's one in your area that I quickly found by googling "west Chester PA lumber co"

    Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 6:15AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Sanity check: Huge window & shutter repair/replace bill?
Hey folks! I am the proud new-ish owner of 1740s brick...
Weird things found in old houses
So I went on a basement rampage this weekend, donning...
Anyone know what this is?????
Does anyone on the forum know what this is? Found it...
Old-Growth Heart pine paneling -- reused as flooring?
Hi, My new 1939 colonial has a family room and foyer...
Strip flooring with unusual cross section
(Cross posted from Flooring forum) I'm renovating a...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™