Giving away...getting easy with giving away!

brugloverZ9June 20, 2008

So happy to see that this is true! It is giving me such pleasure to have alittle room in my closets and to organize what I actually use. I want to keep emptying and emptying! Truthfully, I never expected to feel so good about it!

Have you found this to be true too?

Margie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilydilly

Yep, definitely..
In my loo, I have a saying:
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let go" Henry Thoreau
I'm at the "maintenance" stage of decluttering, and I keep a permanent box, just for "give aways", to add to as I find and then donate when it's full. As i go about tidying or cleaning, I find myself actively looking for things to put in there, and get a little thrill every time I do.

Bookmark   June 21, 2008 at 12:42AM
donnawb

Yes, it does feel good to go through stuff and get rid of things. I am not much of a saver but when I get in the mood things start leaving the house.

Still need to do that in the garage.

Bookmark   June 21, 2008 at 7:16PM
kraftdee

I think my DH might be a hoarder because he keeps everything and continues buying and never has a desire to go through and clean out. I on the other hand don't hesitate to remove things I'm not using. He is letting me clean his closet and I've already removed 7 bags. There's so much stuff he has accumulated it will take time to sort it all out and reconfigure his whole closet but I'm very happy that he's letting me do this. This part of the house has been like a black hole to me and now I'm going in there to shine some light on it and cleaning is the greatest feeling and then I'm going to paint it, too.

Bookmark   June 21, 2008 at 10:09PM
More Discussions
Please recommend a good paper shredder
I have a little one that can shred two sheets (max)...
bossyvossy
Designing a home office! What would you include?
We are gutting our home office .... creating a his...
Becky Berend
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™