Granite seam check-in

milarabFebruary 18, 2013

So, a while back I posted some pictures of a granite seam and someone rightfully pointed out that you can't judge how bad a seam is if you don't know what scale it is on. So, I re-took the pictures with a measuring tape next to the seam. I'd appreciate opinions on whether this is a atrocious, poor, fair, or good seam given the difficulty of color matching and cutting speckled granites.

Also, wondering how much of an industry standard Gorilla Grips + Phantom Seam are. If most professional installers have that technology, then expecting a seam of the quality that tech produces is reasonable. But if not, then I'm not sure if I can justify demanding that level of quality from an installer that does not use that tech.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

That's acceptible. It's small, doesn't appear to have lippage, and the color isn't bad either.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 11:39AM
muskokascp

From the close picture you have posted it looks acceptable to me but that is only 2.5 inches of the seam. It would be great if you could also add a longer range photo showing the entire seam.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:20PM
milarab

This is a longer shot of the seam. You can see a closer in shot at the link I'm adding; when I showed this closer shot people seemed to almost all think it was a terrible seam, until one person asked how zoomed in I was.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 3:28PM
More Discussions
Silestone suede cemento for kitchen counters ?
I am considering this dark grey "cemento"...
jeannette10
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
Help me with my Appliance Allowance - $15k
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
Any regrets choosing dark hardwood floors?
I think dark hardwood floors look beautiful with off...
peemps
Best mid (low?) range painted cabinet: Kemper, Medallion, Home Crest
Love this forum and would love to know anyone's experience...
fourquinn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™