Good Organizing Programs?

trilobiteJune 25, 2011

Are there any good organizing programs right now that I don't know about? In the past I enjoyed:

Life Laundry.

House Doctor. (Technically a staging show, but covered a lot of organizing territory, including the emotional issues.)

Clean House, the Niecy Nash era.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

I still like Clean House (with or without Niecy) and Hoarders. Both help to motivate me. Hey if THOSE SLOBS can clean up, I can do so easily!!!

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 9:56AM
westvillager

There was a show called Neat (easy to remember!) on Discovery. It was simple and single-minded: declutter a room or set of rooms over a two-day period. The host was a wee bit condescending at times, if I recall. It's probably gone away to make room for more dramatic options.

A little off-track: I'm not a huge fan of Nate Berkus - even before Oprah launched him on America - but he has a clear POV about organization relative to design. There's always that sweetheart Martha Stewart.

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 11:43AM
livebetter

I haven't seen this but I saw Peter on Nate and he has a show on OWN called Enough Already.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peter Walsh - Enough Already

Bookmark   June 29, 2011 at 11:10PM
mommabird

I love Enough Already! I am using that as my "mantra" when I shop. I'll look at something and tell myself - I have enough already. Do I NEED this?

90% of the time the answer is NO.

I'm redirecting $$ I used to spend on stuff I don't need to healing massages. I'm doing a series of 6 specific treatments of deep tissue massage to correct my mild scoliosis. After 3 sessions the results are amazing.

So I've traded more clutter for better health. And Enough Already helped me make it all click to work for me!

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 8:31AM
More Discussions
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
Useful article on closets from TOH
I'm impressed with this article from This Old House,...
violetwest
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
Are Lazy Susans useless or is it just me?
I'm in the process of revamping underutilized areas...
Mmmbeeer
Anyone know of good boxes (plastic?) for storing papers?
I've been purging DD's school work and paper crafts...
quasifish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™