Shoe tray for mud room lockers

ajc9June 5, 2012

Hello all!

My lockers in my mudroom are white...they are about 8 months old and I really need to put a boot/shoe tray on the bottom of it...it's pretty scuffed up and cruddy looking already!

Any suggestions of where to purchase? It's about 4 feet long by 2 1/2 feet deep in the center part and on each side of that there are two smaller sections about 1 foot wide. Sort of an odd configuration so im not sure how to organize it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ajc9

I wish I had a picture! Anyway, I should explain that the tile doesn't extend underneath the lockers like I wish it would...it's boxed in with white painted wood as is the bench above..if that makes sense! Just need something to line it and tidy it up...

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 12:49PM
talley_sue_nyc

You might consider finding a sheet-metal shop and asking how much they'd charge to make you something just the right size.

Either metal, or maybe powder-coated or painted white.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 6:54PM
ajc9

Talley_sue....great idea! I like the idea of a powder coat...wouldn't show as much. Ugh...I don't know what we were thinking...I sure wish the tile just extended underneath...!

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 2:11PM
justgotabme

Since you have different sizes of cubbies, my first thought was the ribbed shelf liner. It's quite thick and would be plenty durable enough. I can't remember where I got mine it's been so long ago, but my guess is either HoDe or Wally World.
I found some online linked below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Clear Ribbed Shelf Liner

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 9:22PM
justgotabme

Oops.

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 9:25PM
julie999

You might try Gardener's Supply at www.gardeners.com. Search on 'boot tray.' They have several sizes available. We have used these trays in several places for a number of years. They are heavy and easy to take outside and rinse, when needed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardener's Supply Boot Trays

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 8:17AM
talley_sue_nyc

The clear ribbed shelf liner is a great idea--low cost, as well.

You also could simply tile the spaces, w/ ceramic tile, vinyl stick-on tiles, or maybe even w/ vinyl sheet flooring cut to fit. You could match the floor, or you could use something different.

You can also get Plexiglas or Lucite cut to fit, in white (or other color--maybe gray would be smart) or clear.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 10:24AM
More Discussions
Are Lazy Susans useless or is it just me?
I'm in the process of revamping underutilized areas...
Mmmbeeer
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
Cleaning Service--what do you have them do?
I enjoy reading this forum and now understand the difference...
bstnjohn
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™