Looking for old world stucco master

zagyzebraJune 18, 2013

We're trying to decide whether to be owner-builders or give the restoration of our 1931 fire-damaged formerly beautiful home to a contractor. To make the decision, we're shopping around for sub-contractors and have found a handful of people we really like. As yet, though, we still haven't sourced an old-world plasterer we are confident in. How do we go about finding a reliable person?

We are located in Hollywood. With the huge Latino population here, you would we would have found someone by now, but no, we haven't. Does anyone happen to know someone they can refer us to, or point us in a direction to look, short of Home Depot parking lots?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snoonyb

Hollywood Florida, or Hollywood Ca.?

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 9:03PM
millworkman

"Home Depot parking lots?" For a "old world stucco master" or "old-world plasterer we are confident in", the "the huge Latino population here" would not be where I would search for such a person. Find a reputable building supply or restoration supply and ask them for recommendations. If your in an older community look for other people having interior work done and look fro trucks or signs and write down numbers and make some calls. It is a starting point and you will obviously need to check references.

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 9:52AM
snoonyb

Hollywood Hills is "generally" a reference to CA. and because you are "right on top" of this thred, here is a useful link;http://www.thebluebook.com/.
You could also call EKGRS Conglomerate in Los Alamitos, whose stucco sub does some very nice work.

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 11:36AM
More Discussions
stone house
Do any of you out there own a real stone house? Not...
seydoux
1940 house (colonial) need period lighting advice
Hi! I'm really trying to stick with lighting that would...
Carolyn
interesting plaster job - what to do to fix it?
I'm doing some work in my dining room that includes...
mccb1
Old-Growth Heart pine paneling -- reused as flooring?
Hi, My new 1939 colonial has a family room and foyer...
dyhgarden
where to find? brass window-stop grommets?
I'm finally re-doing each window. (1911 colonial revival-...
huckflinn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™