What's f0r dinner Friday?

patti43February 15, 2013

It's chilly t0day and I made a p0t 0f chicken-wild rice s0up and have Ir0ndale c0rnbread ready in the frig t0 bake. What w0uld we eat if it wasn't f0r the KT? Jasdip p0sted the s0up recipe and Glenda the c0rnbread. Sure am getting hungry!!

What are y0u having f0r dinner?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Yummo Irondale Cafe Cornbread. I almost went there, but they don't serve chicken livers on Friday.

Miss Myra's BBQ for smoked chicken half which I covered with her awesome white bbq sauce and they gave me a sample of smoke sausage, cause I asked how it tasted :o)

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 5:29PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I am making blackened shrimp fettuccine Alfredo in my aroma cooker serving with hot fresh garlic bread.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 5:51PM
Georgysmom

I'm having a meatloaf sandwich. Valentine's Day all over. Yum!

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 5:59PM
nicole__

I found a Safeway store on my way home from work that has little tags they stick on the meat cooler, discounting things about 90% until they're gone! WOW!
I've got boneless, skinless chicken breasts/thighs($1.25lb)......maybe chicken cordon bleu? and a green salad.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 6:01PM
patti43

Glenda, I'd just l0ve t0 have chicken livers, but that chicken s0unds darned g00d!

Raven, n0w that s0unds better than y0ur meal last night--maybe.

Ge0rgysm0m, ahh, meatl0af sandwiches. The best part 0f making meatl0af. Just ab0ut the 0nly time I like mustard 0n a sandwich. Enj0y!

Nic0le, th0se tags always remind me 0f the little st0re in t0wn when we lived in the sticks. We had a neighb0r wh0 always called that marked d0wn meat "used meat". Always tickled me!

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 6:26PM
gadgets

Every ones food sounds very good. I had a cubed steak w/gravy, mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables.

We have big fluffy snowflakes coming down right now and will continue off/on all weekend I hear. Since there's to be very little accumulation, I'll say it does look pretty out.

Shirley/Ohio

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 6:30PM
sandiefl

It was finally raining here last night,so we went out for our Valentines Dinner tonight.We went to our favorite Chinese BUffet. We both ate too much but as always it was delicious.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 6:40PM
patti43

Shirley, it s0unds pretty (as l0ng as it d0esn't stick ar0und). Y0ur dinner s0unds great. Yea f0r gravy!!!
Sandie, did y0u get a nice rain? We had rain tw0 days in 0cala, but it didn't even am0unt t0 1". Glad y0u g0t t0 celebrate t0night!

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 8:09PM
YogaLady1948

I was out malling today and getting 'my hair did' as my DD#1 calls it;) SOOO that is my excuse for not cooking~~DH is getting me 2 Del Taco been and chesse burritos extra green sauce yummy;)

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 9:07PM
Sue_va

I had a grilled cheese sandwich, sliced cucumber and some of the potato salad I made 3 days ago, because I had two potatoes that needed to be used. Unbelievable how much potato salad two potatoes make! I made a dozen banana muffins today, so I also had one of those. Just to sample, of course.

I've been meaning to mention here about the bread I'm using now. The name is Healthy Life, and it is 100% Whole Wheat/Whole Grain. Made by the Lewis Bakeries, INC, Evansville, IN. It even comes in 1/2 loaves, as well as regular. I get it at Kroger and is the only kind of bread I buy now.

Sue

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 12:11AM
More Discussions
Today is "Dr Seuss Day!"
A genius! You loved him, your kids loved him, now your...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Pay off my house or buy a new one?
I'm thinking about retirement. Thinking about having...
Kathsgrdn
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
Job Opening
Sure wish someone would apply!!!
Amazing Aunt Audrey
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™