What's for dinner Monday?

patti43February 25, 2013

We're having leftover tuna casserole from last week with crusty rolls and fruit salad. We're under a tornado watch, but have been all day without a drop of rain. Sure wish we'd get the rain and NOT the tornado watch!

What are you having for dinner?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
two25acres

Did some extra cooking yesterday. We're having homemade vegetable beef soup and bread.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 5:30PM
patti43

Two.25acres, I thought for sure I had vegetable beef soup in the freezer, but I couldn't find it this morning. I'm going to look again, but I think it was just wishful thinking! Enjoy--it sure sounds good

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 5:44PM
pam_25f

We had cheeseburgers and potato salad.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:09PM
glenda_al

My dinner is main meal, noonish.

Nightly is sweet and salty thick oatmeal. That's the way I like it.

We will be under severe wind warnings, later tonight, with damages of trees falling, power outages and lots of rain. Should be gone by morning.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:26PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I am making mini individual meatloafs with corn on the cob and fresh strawberries.
I loaded up on the berries at Costco, strawberries, and blackberries, also got some beautiful nectarines, and pineapple, fruit salad coming soon!

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:34PM
gadgets

Once in a while I buy frozen breaded fish fillets. This time instead of buying one of the 'brands', I got WalMarts brand. Had a couple for supper tonight and liked them better than the brand name. Also baked some sweet potato fries.

Shirley

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:34PM
mamatoad

It's leftover turkey meatballs in a white sauce, pasta, fresh asparagus and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. I had planned to make fruit salad but got busy and didn't get that done.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:39PM
patti43

Pam, sounds like a picnic and that's a good thing! I can't wait for spring.

Glenda, did you venture out today for dinner? We know you--and probably many others--have their larger meal at noonish. It's really better for us to do it that way, but I'm a creature of habit from my working days. Wish I could overcome that! Tomorrow on the Recipes I'm sharing the best darned oatmeal, but you need a crockpot. I tried it out on Harry because his daughter doesn't eat any gluten or daIry. He really liked it, so I'll make it when they come in April. We're under a tornado watch until 8 p.m., so we'd both better batten down the hatches!

Shirley, we like those frozen fish filets, especially the batter-dipped kind. I was in WMart one day on the frozen food aisle and the clerk that was restocking told me the NY Texas toast I was looking at was the very same as the WMart brand--and also told me their frozen vegetables were the same as Birds Eye. We mainly shop at Publix and I much prefer their brand to the name brands.

Raven, aren't we just happy, happy when the fresh fruits are back in season? If there's a knock on your door, don't answer it--it's just us wanting to "share" your dinner!!

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:52PM
patti43

Mamatoad, you are going to have one happy family. Sounds like another spring-like dinner! Yum!!

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:54PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I thought I would post a picture of the mini meatloaf ready to go into the oven.

I would be happy to share my food with you!

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 7:29PM
Marigene

Meatloaf, gravy, mashed potatoes and broccoli. Dessert was glazed apple cream pie.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 7:38PM
patti43

OMG, Raven--and I would be so honored to join you.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 7:39PM
kittiemom

I stayed for Zumba after work & hadn't planned dinner. I stopped by one of our local restaurants and picked up a margarita pizza, then made a salad at home.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 7:55PM
Country Sunflower

Raven, that looks awesome.... yUMMM.. Larry is cooking fried wings, milk gravy, baked taters, and fixing a salad and some brussel sprouts for me.... That with yeast rolls hot from the oven...

Dessert will be stawberries n cream again...

Carolyn

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 8:20PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Homemade minestrone soup with a boatload of veggies, kidney and garbanzo beans. It was so flavorful and spicy.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 9:51PM
Nita__AZ

I cooked a leg of lamb this afternoon so we would have some for our trip. Dinner was lamb, steamed rice, curry sauce and green beans.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 10:01PM
jasdip

Mild day today, but a storm system is expected to come in tomorrow. Either snow, if it's cold, or a mix of rain and snow if it stays mild.

Tonite was homemade soup from the freezer (I had potato and hubby had cabbage. Roast beef sandwiches to go with it.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 10:07PM
Georgysmom

Too much Oscar night. After I got home, I watched the Red Carpet on E! network. I was up until 1:30 and I had to play bridge today. I really didn't feel like cooking at all when I got home. I finished off the stroganoff and DH made himself a salad.

Pam, I waited and waited for you to show up and accompany me and the desserts, but you never came!

Patti, be careful with the oatmeal. I checked that out for a gluten free friend of mine and the article I read warned against oats saying that some are contaminated with wheat in the processing. You have to make sure the package states that it is gluten free. Just a heads up.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
Let's start a Chain Reaction Game! Get some activity going here.
We played this one before so it should be familiar...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
Dinner at 8 (#3)
Your celebrity guest is Pauline Phillips aka Abigail...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Do you belive "It's better to have loved and lost..." ?
Reflecting on my past, I had a love back in my twenties,...
pickyshopper
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™