Leaded glass sidelight question

elizawhyzaJune 8, 2012

How would you describe this style of leaded glass? I know it is colonial as opposed to victorian, but is there a style name for this pattern? From Drop Box

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I believe it is a design associated with the Georgian style. I don't know if the glass pattern has a style name, but it contains oval and diamond shapes, possibly with beveled glass.

Here is a link that might be useful: image link

    Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 1:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Eliza, oh my gosh, that looks so similar to sidelights in my neighborhood in Rochester, NY! Are you close to us?


    Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 7:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'm in north central jersey. I think this style goes back to the late 18th, early 19th century, but was probably reproduced in later houses, too. Some of the later ones are beveled, while the earlier ones I've seen are not beveled.

Are the ones you've seen mostly on older houses?

    Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 7:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Mostly built in the early 20s. Lots of houses in the Browncroft neighborhood in Rochester have similar sidelights.

    Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 8:29PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
1940 house (colonial) need period lighting advice
Hi! I'm really trying to stick with lighting that would...
Oh crap, plaster crack
I was removing a window casing so I could reposition...
White Cedar Shingles: Best price?
Hi all, My wife and I are gearing up to restore the...
Rule of thumb on recreating hardwood floors?
I'm recreating the peg and groove oak hardwood floors...
Told we had a slate roof--turns out...
...it's asbestos. We bought our lovely, grand 1910...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™