Weekly trash challenge

marie26May 30, 2006

It seems that many of us have problems with having too full a trash can on garbage day when decluttering. But, at least for me, on those weeks I'm not decluttering, my trash can is only 1/2 full.

My challenge is to make sure that the trash can is always full when I take it out to the curb. This will force me to at least declutter something in the house or garage each week.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltglo

I finally got in the habit of doing trash patrol on Wednesdays, since our trash pick-up is on Thursday. We have 14 rooms (including bathrooms) with trash cans in them. Now, I go around and empty all of those half full cans into a bag. Fills up quick. It also reminds me to chuck that newspaper I haven't gotten to or those two month old magazines I will not read anytime soon.

I also try and do the fridge clean out right before trash day. I can put most of the food stuff in the compost pile, but there always seems to be so many containers that I can't use.

Last week was the first week in a long time we haven't had to pay for an extra bag pick-up.

Gloria

Bookmark   May 30, 2006 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
"You Need a 'Waiting' Folder"--AskAManager has great advice
This is not just work--this would be great on a personal...
talley_sue_nyc
Designing a home office! What would you include?
We are gutting our home office .... creating a his...
Becky Berend
Useful article on closets from TOH
I'm impressed with this article from This Old House,...
violetwest
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™