Master Bedroom Closet

alyson79May 15, 2011

Our master bedroom closet is 8'6" x about 8'6" and I'm looking for a good closet system that can hopefully provide storage for all of my husband and my clothes. California Closets could do this for $6000 - which sounds ridiculously expensive to me. I'm hoping to spend $2000 or less (not sure if this is unrealistic). Any advice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Look at the storage stuff at Lowes or Home Depot ... you have to install it yourself, but it's reasonably proced.

Also Ikea's stuff.

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 10:22PM
talley_sue_nyc

Got a Container Store near you? They might be workable. And they'd help you design it.

Bookmark   May 17, 2011 at 1:03PM
annie1971

I searched high and low and got estimates from at least 6 closet providers. We had estimates that went into the multi thousands. I went with the Container Store and the Elfa System. Easy to do; they're great to work with. You do have to do extensive measuring and planning (which is fun and creative) if you don't have a Elfa consultant close by. It saved us a huge amount of money. We don't have a Container Store close by so we had to order and pay for shipping -- well worth it. They system was easy to install and quickly finished. Good luck and have fun figuring it out for your new closet system.

Bookmark   May 17, 2011 at 7:30PM
More Discussions
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
What to do with hundreds of CDs
I have nice storage boxes filled with hundreds of CDs...
Janeway452
Are Lazy Susans useless or is it just me?
I'm in the process of revamping underutilized areas...
Mmmbeeer
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™