what style architecture is this?

lilylchenMay 30, 2013

This kind of house is common in the west Los Angeles area. built in the 30's. Is there a specific name for this architecture? And I'm specifically referring to the use of the metal "roof" above the windows (though I do find many spanish homes that also use this metal roof-thing, so maybe this is not so much a defining feature?), the circle (well, hexagon window) above the door, and the metal railing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

French-inspired deco-moderne is what I would call it.

    Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 10:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Look up the architecture of John Woolf and Paul R Williams.

    Bookmark   June 1, 2013 at 8:43AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Adding a full bath to an old house.
Hello, first post in this forum. I am relocating and...
Yikes. I just bought an 1898 Victorian house
Hi, I have always loved old homes and had the opportunity...
Just closed on an older home and homeowners policy was cancelled
Six days ago, we closed on the house of our dreams,...
Sanity check: Huge window & shutter repair/replace bill?
Hey folks! I am the proud new-ish owner of 1740s brick...
How to fix 1" gaps in drywall seams?
We recently bought our home (build in 1938). One of...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™